Re: What do you make of this?

Nickey MacDonald <[email protected]> writes:

> Here's a list of phone numbers, what do you make of them?
>
> (503) 241-9796  ext: 09
> (510) 244-8003  ext: 308

I dont know about all of them, but the second one is near me and I
confirmed that there is no 244 prefix in the 510 area code, so either
ther is an error in that data, or should I venture so far as to say that
he's trying to make a point about hiding information in a seemingly
harmless format.  I don't have the desire to actually try to find out
what it is, but it wouldnt take much more research to find out if the
list is primarily made of nonexistent numbers.  However, the only reason I
even looked that far is because of the nature of this group and the fact that
it was brought up as such, rather than "Local U.S. Department of Agriculture
offices" or some other title that would cause people to want to be as far
away from it as possible.

--
Mike Sherwood
internet: [email protected]     uucp: ...!sgiblab!egfabt!mike