Re: What do you make of this?

On Wed, 7 Jul 1993, Mike Sherwood wrote:

> I dont know about all of them, but the second one is near me and I
> confirmed that there is no 244 prefix in the 510 area code, so either
> ther is an error in that data, or should I venture so far as to say that
> he's trying to make a point about hiding information in a seemingly
> harmless format.

I hope no one actually trys to call any of those numbers...  I couldn't
think of a way to list them without giving away the truth...

You are correct, I was trying to make a point of hiding information in a
seemingly harmless format (although the longer the message, the less
harmless the format looks)...

> I don't have the desire to actually try to find out
> what it is, but it wouldnt take much more research to find out if the
> list is primarily made of nonexistent numbers.

Well... I'll increase your chances to figure it out, should you get the
desire...  The hidden text was Un*x compressed...

> However, the only reason I
> even looked that far is because of the nature of this group and the fact that
> it was brought up as such, rather than "Local U.S. Department of Agriculture
> offices" or some other title that would cause people to want to be as far
> away from it as possible.

I had hoped that someone would assume there was a message...  I'm still
hoping someone will find it...  I'll release the source either way...  :-)

--
Nick MacDonald               | NMD on IRC
[email protected]  | PGP 2.1 Public key available via finger