Your Input Requested for Article

Hello Cypherpunks; I'm a newspaper journalist now writing a piece for the
American Journalism Review (formerly Washington Journalism Review). In case
you're not familiar with AJR, it's a mass-circulation monthly magazine
that's available at many large newsstands. Journalists in the U.S. consider
it a principal source of professional news.

My article is tentatively scheduled for publication in the Oct. 93 issue.

I am looking for:

              1. Examples of how and why anonymous e-mail has been used to
                 communicate with journalists.

              2. Your comments concerning anon-mail's role in the future of
                 newsgathering, particularly investigative reporting.

I need to receive your comments directly, not posted to this list. Kindly
include your telephone and fax numbers. Please do not send me responses
containing requests to remain partly or completely off-the-record. I won't
be able to use those.

The less technical your remarks, the more of them I might be able to use,
since the magazine has a non-technical readership. (However, in the
interest of interview etiquette and personal disclosure, I'll mention that
I have a technical degree and teach computer science part-time at a branch
of the State University of New York.)

I already have the alt.whistleblowers sizeable FAQ.

Please do not cross-post this to any other list.

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation. I will acknowledge every
reply that I receive from Cypherpunks.

Philip Mulivor

[email protected]
716 256-2222 voice