local network only?

Derek,

>mail to me, most likely I can track you down to at LEAST the machine
>you forged it from!

I don't have an account on this machine.  The machine doesn't seem to care.
Does the machine keep a record of this letter, I don't know?

I'm using the command mconnect on a sun system.  It asks me who I am,
and then trusts me when I tell it!  I have even told it I was ROOT, and
it filled in "Operator" from the local passwd file!  Is this security
so lax because I am on a local area network unconnected to the Internet?
Does anyone know?

mconnect even gives me help if I ask it!

I didn't mail this,
                    not me