ONE BBSCON

Stanton McCandlish writes:

>I'm off to ONE BBSCON, this month. Anyone else going?  If so, and
>you will be passing thru Albuquerque, I'm looking for a carpool
>situation, so I don't have to drive this crappy Hyundai up there...

  Unfortunately, I'm coming from the north, so I can't offer you a
lift.  However, while we're on the subject, I'm wondering if any
arrangements have been made to distribute anti-Clipper material at
the con.  I'd be happy to distribute flyers or what-have-you, but
they'd have to reach the show by other means; I'm not willing to
carry such seditious material across the US/Canada border.

  I hope that EFF will have a presence at the show* as they did last
year, and can sow some further seeds of discontent among the
non-Internet online world, many parts of which don't seem aware of
the Clipper debacle.  Any comments from the EFF folks hereabouts?

  -- Steve
     [email protected]

* I had a great time arguing with Shari Steele and accusing her of
"dancing with the Devil" w/ reference to backing then-Senator Gore's
Data Superhighway proposal.  Very libertarially-incorrect position to
take, Shari. :-)