Beepers can also be used to track you down!

In article <[email protected]> [email protected] writes:
 > As far as local detection, I understand that in Britain vans go around
 > with sniffing gear looking for IF freqs to find unlicensed TVs.

Errr... yes, and they have about 4 vans for the whole country - the
rest are dummies, accompanied by high-profile advertising campaigns
to scare people into paying for a licence before they're caught.

(Not folklore; fact - and I saw one of the real vans at the BBC
Research Centre at Kingswood Warren when I worked there on a contract
once.  *Very* expensive equipment.)
===
Personal mail to [email protected] (I read it in the evenings)
Business mail to [email protected] (Be careful with the spelling!)
Faxes to An Teallach Limited: +44 31 662 4678  Voice: +44 31 668 1550 x212