Re: Commercial PGP: Verifying Trustworthiness

peter honeyman <[email protected]> says:
> pgp and viacrypt will always generate differnt outputs: pgp
> adds some pseudo-random stuff to the start of the file it is
> encrypting to ensure that a file encrypts differently each time.
This means that I am trusting the "pseudo-random" stuff not to be
some secrets that PGP has read from my disk. The only benefit
that I see to the pseudo-random stuff is to send the same message
to several people without revealing the fact that the messages are
the same except to those that can decode the messages.