Interested in setting up (or joining!) local group in Utah.

Having been recently acquainted with cypherpunkography, I have been rolling
around the idea of setting up a local group rather like the original in Cal.

Lest ye laugh, Utah happens to be a heckuva place to worry about privacy,
intrusion, et al...although it comes from both having a fairly silly state
government (they're finally trying to strike down a law which automatically
invalidates any marriage in which one of the partners has AIDS..., fer example),
and the fact that many here feel that the aura of the Mormon church is somewhat
weighty -- no comment either way, just pointing it out...

ANYWAY, if there are any other cypherUtahns on the list interested in getting
together monthly or so for an evening of pizza, beer, Jolt, milk, potentially
subversive activity, and cookies (wonder if the NSA monolith dropped a flag on
that one ;-) ... drop me a line. I know of at least 4 very talented and
potentially committable persons who'd also be highly interested. My girlfriend,
OTOH, will most likely roll her eyes, call me a geek, and head for the shoe
department at Nordstrom.

Also of potential interest, my BBS has a couple of areas on cryptography, other
"Sneakers"-type issues, as well as VR, cyberspace, and programming. Drop by
sometime: SENSE/NET (801) 364-6227  2400-9600

Andrew
[email protected]

NOTE: my opinions are too silly to be shared by my employer.