Re: ViaCrypt export?

Felix Ungman [email protected] asks?
> Will ViaCrypt consider exporting pgp? (well, I think I can guess the answer ;-)
> However, pgp is already widely used outside USA (at least as many as
> the US users, I suspect). It would be interesting to know what they're going
> to do about it. There exists no country boundaries in cyberspace, you know!

I would guess that they're not willing to put up with the export law nonsense
required to export the product.  (If they do, more power to them!)
If the offensive export-prevention laws weren't there, and if other governments
didn't have offensive import-harassment and crypto-harassment laws,
then they'd probably decide whether they could make enough money by providing a
supported product and pretty manuals to people who can get the net-version free,
just as companies like Cygnus are providing commercial support for free GNUware.
However, governments have not yet realized that they're obsolete,
so you folks won't have that option. :-(

			Bill Stewart, [email protected]

Physical-Address: North America, right hand coast, near the middle.