Re: Public-Key Crypto Toolkit

THUS SPAKE Mike Ingle <[email protected]>:
# Any ideas as
# to what language/method would be best for implementing a PK toolbox?  This
# could really get the "Cypherpunks write code" ideal moving. Anyone want to
# help?

Yeah, let's write some code!

"TCL" is my language of choice for this -- it was designed specifically
for wrapping other libraries and embedding inside other tools.

I've been wanting to build the crypto-toolkit, too, and have started with RSAREF wrappers.

There's a nice TCP module for TCL that lets you implement clients and
servers.  There's also the "TK" X-windows toolkit, for seamless graphical
interfaces to TCL stuff.

Ftp to sprite.berkeley.edu and ftp down TCL or TK (which will include TCL).
(A lot of people may suggest perl, but perl was designed with a different
set of goals in mind.)

					strick
					[email protected]