Re: saturation tactics?

> In a discussion on the Well, some folks were speculating about the idea of
> lots and lots of people & companies applying for those arms export licenses,
> on the basis that they *might* sell crypto to a foreigner, or *might* go on
> an overseas business trip with their laptop with a crypto program on it,
> etc.  This is a great case of an old protest tactic which we used to call
> "saturation," which involves lots and lots of people scrupulously obeying an
> unfair or controversial law to the point where it starts to swamp the
> system.
>
> Seeme like it might be worth looking into.  Any comments...?
>
> -gg

Sounds good to me. If anybody out there is knowledgeable enough to write
an initial form letter I'd be thrilled to paraphrase and send one in, as
well as persuading as many of my friends and aquaintences as possible to
respond, as I did with the NIST application for license to use DSA etc...

BTW, I have never received any response or aknowledgement from NIST
regarding my application... Do you think that means that it was accepted? <G>

Happy Hunting, -Chris.
Christian Douglas Odhner     | "The NSA can have my secret key when they pry
[email protected]	     | it from my cold, dead, hands... But they shall
pgp 2.3 public key by finger | NEVER have the password it's encrypted with!"
  "If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns." -E. Abbey
My opinions are shareware. For a registered copy, send me 15$ in DigiCash.
  Key fingerprint =  58 62 A2 84 FD 4F 56 38  82 69 6F 08 E4 F1 79 11