Re: Triple DES Wanted

> I'm looking for a Triple DES file encryption program that takes arguments
> in the same form as /bin/crypt or /usr/bin/des.  Is there a /bin/3des out
> there somewhere?  Has anyone come across 3des.c?  And if so, can you
> point me in the direction where it may be found.  Thanks..
>
> If no such program exists, I think it would be very useful to the
> cypherpunks community if it were made available.  I'd also like to see a
You could write one based on Richard Outerbridge's d3des.
The essential routines are provided in the package, all you'd
need to provide is the wrapper. d3des is the basis of what is currently
used in RIPEM 1.1

I also used it in munge, which is an experimental encryption program
I distributed a while back which encrypts with either IDEA or triple
DES or a composition of the two in CFB mode. munge has an interface
much like that of Unix "compress" (munge, unmunge, mcat &c.) I'd do
things somewhat differently if I were going to redo it, but you can
have it if you want it. Just don't ask me to maintain it or port it
to anything else, as I don't want to put any more effort into it.
There is significant ugliness in the code due to the fact that I was
always maintaining backwards compatibility with previous versions.

(if you want either munge or d3des, you can get by ftp it from either
wimsey.bc.ca or ripem.msu.edu. Please don't export munge or anything
from wimsey.bc.ca outside of the U.S. and Canada).

Mark

--
Mark Henderson      [email protected] (personal account)
RIPEM key available by key server/finger/E-mail