the principle of least astonishment

For my service, given what it is for, the presumption should be
anonymity. For the personals groups, perhaps the presumption
should be the other way around. There is, almost certainly, no
one right answer.

Those who attempt to support their arguments by reference to
"least astonishment" are doing nothing more than attempting to
pretend that their subjective judgements are universal and
unarguable.

Either the perpetrators are so intellectually lacking that they
do not see what they are doing or they are so intellectually
dishonest that they do. In either case, I am utterly disgusted.