LD and Contribution

Well not ragging on about LD I/We would have to agree with and
since some of us in this disdussion are indeed
composite Personna, we tend to have issues when
someone says we dont have a right to existance.
Not every thing in the world is la
d out all black
and white as certain individuals would have it for their
comfort. For some this "brave new world" is very uncomfortable
indeed and they seek to control. For others, it is still
very uncomfortable and they seek to explore the very phenomena
that they are experiencing discomfort about.
Social and Psych experimentation are very valid tools to
explore human reaction and tolerance to this new domain.
The case of LD is particulary fascinating as from being
a proponent ofprivacy/anonymity tools/techniques he found
himself so uncomfortable about certain aspects of it
that he slipped over into the paranoid delusional phase.

Well I/We will settle at least some of the controversy,
Eric Hughes, TC May, Nick Szabo, John Gilmore, Phillip
Zimmerman are real(as well as others too numerous to
mention). David Sternlight, S Boxx, and LD I/We havent met,
does that make them any less real?

The technology of privacy and encryption ensures
that we can never goe back to what things were.
How now then do we deal with the issues around trust.
Its clear that reputations alone cant solve the issue.
Or will individuals like LD just find themselves more
and more seperate from the rest of the madding crowd?

I think that while electronic signatures are certainly possible
that the mass of the online community wont accept
the loss of privacy that comes with same.

                             Sam

I/WE