Re: a desperate plea

L. Detweiler writes:
> you're really upsetting me with your references to firearms and veiled
> threats. this is way uncool. please chill out.

  This is why I think you need psychological help. Either you're a
hypersensitive wimp, or you've got no life outside the net. Use your
intelligence: I am sitting at a terminal a thousand miles away and
I jokingly refer to shooting you and you become emotionally upset.
No one else is as obsessed with pseudospoofing as you simply because
speech over the net doesn't have so much an impact on us as they seem
to you.

  I'm coming to kill your family tommorow with a rusty razor.

> >Whatever Draconian measures
> >you implement to achieve your dreams of absolute accountability, they
> >simply WILL NOT WORK. Someone will find a way to circumvent them and commit
> >crimes. You're own real life example of a killer proves it.
>
> another argument, existence of criminal behavior [x] supports
> perversion [y] or lack of total perfection implies lack of necessity. I
> think I will name these Cromwell Arguments.
>
> no YOU don't get it. `we' do NOT have to implement DRACONIAN MEASURES
> to find some BENEFIT from IDENTIFICATION SYSTEMS. no system is
> FOOLPROOF and many will be SABOTAGED by CRIMINALS but are ultimately
> still SOCIALLY USEFUL AND DESIRABLE.

  So? If the majority of people will use pseudonyms honestly, why should
they be punished for the few who are malicious?

  The same arguments you make against multiple-nyms are the very same
arguments that can be made against strong crypto and for CLIPPER. Clipper
isn't Draconian either and can argubly benefit society by making it easier
for the FBI to catch criminals. What's your idealogical opposition to it
then?

  I dare you to present your "identification system" I want to see the
specifications on how it will work, and how you can oppose nyms and
reject clipper/skipjack and maintain a consistent philosophy. I don't
think you know what the hell you are talking about except for some
vague utopian ideals you have. Come on, where are those algorithms?

> [Gibson, Sterling]
> >Why should we
> >revere them? (especially since they are a rip-off of Vinge. True Names
> >and Fire Upon the Deep convey "internet" like sci-fi much better)
>
> oh, so you're now criticizing them. well, why don't you ask Mr. Vinge
> what he thinks of your perversions like `pseudospoofing'? I'm waiting
> at the edge of my keyboard. Please quote me relevant passages. Show how
> the Liberation of the Universe is attained with it. Make inferences to
> current reality from Dystopian Science Fiction. Show how nothing but
> systematic deception and lies will lead to any functional system other
> than barbarianism!

  Why do you think I am concerned with the liberation of the universe?
Actually, I'm concerned with MY liberation. Why do you believe that
I care what any fiction author thinks? I make my own decisions and
my own opinions and I don't care what Vinge thinks. I like his
books, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with his real life philosophy.
You're yet another leftist wacko who thinks you can prove theories
through fictional story book worlds. Next you're be telling us that
Bladerunner is proof of why we shouldn't progress with Biotechnology.

> >  I think it's time to check into a mental hospital, you're losing it.
> yes, because I am willing to attack the #1 Cypherpunk cause,
> PSEUDOSPOOFING IS SACRED, (which took me the better part of a year to
> discover in all the obfuscation and brainwashing in black posts), I
> should be consigned to an asylum for my thought crimes.

  If it took you a year and you still got it wrong, I think you should
be consigned to elementary school. You're obviously a product of our
EVIL and TREACHEROUS public school system screwups.

-Ray

p.s. you're dead, I'm gunning for you now baby!

-- Ray Cromwell        |    Engineering is the implementation of science;    --
-- EE/Math Student     |       politics is the implementation of faith.      --
-- [email protected]  |                         - Zetetic Commentaries      --