Some possible projects/topics for CypherPunks

  Here's some topics that I've been wanting to bring up with
the CypherPunks.  I figured it'd be best to just drop one email/post
rather than 4.

1. HARDWARE:  What about building our own machines?  This is the Vinge-ian
   crypto-anarchy theme ultimately.  We should be able to produce our own
   technology,  and not depend on the merchantile/government-mandated
   economic system/monopolies.

   I see this as being very important to the oceania/autopia/technomad
   ideas and projects of creating ocean-going free societies.

   Or is anyone interested in starting a parallel list of sorts for the
   hardware-punks?  'ware-punks?  :-)  or perhaps an even better name
   would be The Homebrew Computer Club^2.

2. STEGENOGRAPHY: Using the genome project data listings
   (bionet.molbio.genbank.updates) as a stegenographic source to
   hide encrypted info in.  Similar to the alt.w.a.s.t.e NG,
   but more public.  Of course, it'd be bad if your ecrypted data
   got credited with curing/causing a genetic disease.... =>

3. PUNK-NET:  (see HARDWARE above)

4. POLITICS/ANONYMITY:  I may have missed this, but has anyone
   discussed Gibson's "The Republic of Desire" idea of having a
   network based guerilla organization?  Not that we need to be
   guerilla's yet, but...

   I think the guerilla cell organization would probably lend itself
   to using the DC-net protocols, and developing webs-of-trust
   organizations.  Thoughts, comments, etc?

                                              sweetly,
                                Ducoyuh Gemugez Tokuzuham Neshotsu