Re: Style Analysis

On Fri, 29 Oct 1993, Dark wrote:

> It seems to me that the software to "filter" a message through and
> remove anomalies, standardize punctuations and replace words
> over 5 letters with more standard words.. etc.. has a kind of
> utility.

I remember a sf suggestion a while ago that went like this:
a. A mail reader that intelligently filters incoming messages to extract
only the factual content.
b. A mail sender that intelligntly "stylizes" a factual message with
appropriate "fluff".
That way I can send you a one line message "watch out for the MDS!", but
our computers will communicate with as much polite waffling as possible.

The suggestion was a joke but maybe it has applicability :-)

PJT - A new poster but a longtime reader.