Re: hohocon

   For the hohocon case you could have a calculator programmed with
   some one-way function (DES is available for the HP48); the remote
   system could generate a challenge number and you would use your
   calculator to DES-encrypt it with a fixed secret key, then type the
   result in, and the remote system would check it.

In fact, that's exactly why I wrote it :-) .

Maybe I should go dig up the source to the challenge-response program
I wrote to go along with it..

					- Bill