Will Mike Ingle's name be a household word like "Buttafuoco"?

Mike Ingle comments on his recently released "Secure
Drive" program:

>What's the BBS? If you want to, put up a notice or something.
[...]
>encrypt the BBS itself, and set up a relay to power it down
>if an alarm in your house goes off. Then you are raid-proof.

In case someone isn't familiar with Mike's excellent program,
it does for hard drives, what PGP does for messages.  With
Secure Drive (ver 1.0) you can set up a partition on your hard
drive encrypt it (SecDrv uses the IDEA cipher for data and RSA
for your pass phrase just like PGP) and access the encrypted
drive from a TSR in your C drive.

In my opinion, this is the best example yet since PGP of
"cypherpunks writing code" because of the implications that
this program has on privacy.  (I'm using it to keep a personal
space for my tax records, private correspondence, PGP dir, etc.),
but Mike's suggestion for encrypting an entire BBS itself
is a good point.  What if *every* sysop encrypted their BBS
with Secure Drive?

His program is DOS freeware and available on the Hieroglyphic
Voodoo Machine BBS at +1.303.443.2457 (V.32bis) as SECDRV10.ZIP.

It is also available on soda.berkeley.edu I'm sure although I
haven't looked there myself.

This e-mail is also a shameless tag line promo!

Know that it is I who waste that precious thing called *bandwidth*!