Has the "an12070" Account been Revoked?

> Mike Ingle says:
> > If he starts flooding the newsgroups, what can we do about it?
>
> If he starts forging mail from other people, he's committing a crime
> and we can get his system administrators to pull his account.
>
> Perry

Last week I complained to Julf about the semi-forged messages ("NAZI
ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS," etc.) that appeared from an12070's account but
with my name prominently attached and with my sig block at the end.

After receiving mail from readers in the various groups that Rotweiler
posted this crap to, including soc.culture.jewish and about a dozen
other groups (all independently posted, so a follow-up to one of them
did not reach the other sites), I decided he had gone too far, that
this was surely the "abuse" that Julf urges folks to report to him. So
I did.

I haven't heard back from Julf, but I also haven't seen an an12070/S.
Boxx posting for several days now, and Rotweiler has been ranting on
about S. Boxx "told him" that his account has been "cnesored" by that
evil and malicious TENTACLE OF THE MEDUSA, JULF. So, it may be that
Detweiler has finally gone too far, at least with his an12070 account.

Get ready for other accounts, and perhaps better forgeries--as perhaps
Greg Broiles has already seen.

I know I should be PGP-signing all my posts and e-mail but, frankly,
it's too much of a hassle. I typically read my mail and Usenet over a
dial-up line from my Mac at home to a Netcom machine, so signing my
messages with MacPGP (I don't trust using PGP on Netcom per se)
involves downloading the message, signing it, and then uploading
it....a major delay and hassle.

However, should the forgeries escalate, I may have to.

Or at least consider installing a lower-grade PGP in my Netcom account
and using that for on-line signings. Any incorporation of PGP into Elm
yet?

Interesting times we live in.

--Tim May

[email protected]       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
Higher Power:2**859433 | Public Key: PGP and MailSafe available.