Re: Welcome to IIA (fwd)

> Here's the IIA info message that has caused all the furor:
What furor? - what group is this being discussed in?  (I've been
netless for three weeks catching up onlost time with
my wife)

All this free!  Wow!  Hmmm... cynical old me says if I look at
this closely enough I'll find a request for credit card numbers...

> If you do not use the 800 number you will never receive a charge.
> If you find the 800 number more economical than direct dial than
> you will be billed in 10 dollar increments.  A charge will be
> rolled over until all time has been exhausted.  Without receiving
> a Credit Card Number, the IIA cannot provision an account.
> (We apologize for this inconvenience to our users planning on
> direct dial.  Shortly we plan to rectify this through programming,
> but until that time we must adhere to the policy of our
> long-distance provider.)

Yep, there it is.

Be careful folks, be VERY careful...