Re: TC May advertises cypherpunks as keeping your taxes from going to

"[email protected]" <[email protected]> writes:

> Perhaps Detweiler was right after all about certain cypherpunks having
> a hidden agenda... seems TC May's rationale for running the cypherpunks
> list isn't to do with enhancing individual liberties but rather keeping
> all us WASPS safe from 'people of colour'...
>
> I want nothing to do with a list run by racists.  Unsubscribe me now
> please ([email protected]).

> >Subject: Re: neo-nazis "supported" by NETCOM
> >Newsgroups: netcom.general
>
> In article <[email protected]> [email protected] writes:
> >
> >And I appreciate that Netcom has never once warned my for what many of
> >my critics have called seditious postings. It is true that I look
> >forward to seeing the collapse of the U.S. governement and the end to
> >the taxation that steals from me to give to so-called "people of
> >color."
> >
> >Some call me a Nazi, which is wrong. I use Netcom to spread strong
> >cryptography, the tool which will help overthrow the corrupt U.S.
> >government and usher in anarcho-capitalism.
> >
> >If this view interests you, contact me about joining the "Cypherpunks"
> >mailing list.
> >
> >--Tim May

this is a good example of why we need pgp signatures on messages.  I
would tend to not believe either of of them without confirming them.
After all, any post that involves a "Detweiler may be right" idea,
regardless of the context, is certainly not something most people would
say.  And the other post just seems to be odd - someone who, for all
intents and purposes, tends to have a functional brain, claiming that the
government takes from him to give to "people of color" is overlooking the
fact that the government will give money to anyone who labels themself as
"disadvantaged" regardless of race, religion, favorite flavor of ice
cream, etc.  Anyway, who are any of us to speak of nationalities anyway?
dont we all look the same, ie. [email protected]? I havent seen anyone
start using [email protected], [email protected],
[email protected], etc.  Anyway, what do other people's motives
matter anyway? this list is for cryptography last I checked.  And for
every person who chooses to use it in a bad(pick a context) way, there is
probably someone who wants to use it in a good(pick a context) way.

anyway, enough ranting and raving.  does the fact that I posted (a
rarety) now qualify me for membership in the hidden-agenda tentacle club?
=)

--
Mike Sherwood
internet: [email protected]     uucp: ...!sgiblab!egfabt!mike