Re: Forged messages (was: TC May advertises cypherpunks as keeping your taxes from going to 'people of colour')

Matthew J Ghio <[email protected]>  writes:

> "[email protected]" <[email protected]> writes:
>
> Note that pizzabox.demon.co.uk [158.152.8.236] doesn't tell where it got
> the message from.  Could it have been longs.lance.colostate.edu?  I
> liked Detweiler better when he just used anon.penet.fi.

  Perhaps you just don't understand how headers work.

  Often times, the machine which originats a message puts a header
  in that says it "recieved" it *despite* the fact that the message
  was originated on that machine.  This happens (I believe) because
  the mail agent submits the message to sendmail for sending.  This
  causes sendmail to tag it as "recieved" despite its origin on that
  machine.

  Or, more likely, there was never a problem at pizzabox.demon.co.uk
  and the message is either not forged or the forger submitted it
  through another mechanism.

 Jon Boone | PSC Networking | [email protected] | (412) 268-6959
 finger [email protected] for PGP public key block