Re: Insecurity of anonymous remailers

[email protected] (Hadmut Danisch) wrote:

> Matthew J Ghio wrote:
>
> > I am pleased to report on the performance of our two newest remailers,
> > [email protected] and [email protected].  Both remailers had
> > a very good response time.
>
> Is it really a good idea to make anonymous remailers work so fast?
> Everyone who can analyze the traffic of anonymous remailers and
> can read the from/to header lines, the message size and the
> transfer dates immediately knows who sent mail to whom.

True.  I think it depends on what your intended purpose is for using a
remailer.  If you just want to post an anonymous message, faster would
be better for sake of keeping with the conversation.  If you really want
to communicate securely, you can use remailers such as
[email protected] which batches messages out at midnite and adds
random padding, or [email protected] which offers encryption
and adds a random delay.