Re: Standard for Stenography?

>  Firstly, congratulations for Sergey Goldgaber's stubborn pushing of
>this topic, for Bill Stewart's observation: "simple stego-programs,
>stealthy encryption programs"

I disagree with pretty much everything in your message, and since I'm the
one who opened the topic and who is writing the code, my opinion would seem
to count for quite a bit more than yours.  I'm not going to repeat the
reasons why the kind of standard you propose is a bad idea, you can fetch
the messages as easily as I can.

Cc:ed to the list only so that no one thinks Gary's proposal was accepted.
The permutation idea remains the best.

By the way, this discussion is an example of something I have labelled the
"silence is invisible" phenomenon.  It goes like this: there's a discussion;
some of the participants work out an answer, and as far as they're concerned
the discussion is over.  However, other participants don't understand the
answer, and keep on talking.  In a physical meeting, the talkers would
notice the annoyed looks on the faces of everyone else; or if the meeting
had a good facilitator, he or she would catch on to the misunderstanding
and correct it; but in cyberspace, those feedback mechanisms don't happen.
---
Jef