Re: (forward message on privacy)

Forwarded message:
From tomj Tue Mar  8 18:49:17 1994
From: tomj (Tom Jennings)
Subject: Re: (forward message on privacy) (fwd)
To: [email protected] (Flesh)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 1994 18:49:15 -0800 (PST)

> Today I ran into a situation that made me completely nausiated and feel like
> my privacy had been completely invaded... It involves a chip which is
> implanted in animals and used for identification...

Humans are worth more money, and genotyping will do the same thing, for
cheaper, and with little outcry. Implanted chips means at least a
doctors visit for every humasn in the country; genotyping only happens
like fingerprinting, when you get a drivers license or soemthing.

I think the underlying concern is OK, but misplaced worrying about
kitty-cats. Cats can certainly be violated, but usually aren't aware of
it ahead of time, and there's not much they can do about it :-)

Consider also they generally *kill* cats they can't return. A chip
implant under these circumstances seems not a problem.

--
 Tom Jennings -- [email protected] -- World Power Systems --  San Francisco, Calif.