Date: Mon, 14 Mar 1994 17:10:42 -0800
To: Derek Atkins <[email protected]>
From: [email protected] (Plaz)
Subject: Re: PowerMacPGP

Derek Atkins <[email protected]> replies to someone.
>> Does anyone know if Mr. Zimmerman or anyone else will be writing a
>> Power Macint -osh PGP porgram.  What about the other popular
>> encryption programs.  Thanks,
>
>The source code is available. If you have a C compiler, it shouldn't
>be very hard to build.  Then again its a Macintosh, so who really
>knows?  I don't expect to see Phil to do it, since Phil hasn't done
>any coding for PGP.  Also, I don't think that PowerMacs are prominent
>enough for developers to have them, yet.

I am 99.9% certain that MacPGP will run on a PowerMac, in emulation mode.
Some time soon someone will get around to recompiling for native mode.

For the original poster: PowerMac is supposed to run all Macintosh OS based
programs, right out of the box. No porting of the programs is required.
They run slower than native apps, but they run as fast as they would on
most Macs now.

Geoff Dale         -- Cypherpunk/Extropian --         Plastic Beethoven
AnarchyPPL - Anarch (Adjudicator)      ExI-Freegate Virtual Branch Head
[email protected]                                        66 Pyramid Plaza
[email protected]                             Freegate, [email protected] 7777

------- End of Forwarded Message