Re: Future Remailers

Tim May wrote:

> The rapid growth of proprietary networks (such as the one linking me
> to my next door neighbor) makes Digital Telephony almost
> unenforceable.

hehe...  I did something similiar about two years ago with my friend who
lived across the street...  We took wires, laid them down on the street,
and poured roofing tar over it, then let it dry overnight.  Over the
next few days, heating from the sun and cars driving over it compressed
it to a barely perceptable bump.  The rest of the connection was buried
in plastic pipe under the lawn.  We hooked up a serial line connection.
It worked well for several months...  tho a few minor repair jobs were
needed.  The connection met its fate when the street crew came thru and
tore up and repaved the entire street.  We never re-laid the line.  (The
old street was in pretty bad condition, so our "patch" wasn't very
noticable... however it would have been fairly obvious on a newly paved
street.)  Neat trick tho.

I wish it was easier to do things like that...  Has anyone made any
progress with networking over unliscensed radio spectrum?