Re: Anonymous phone calls.

At  6:25 AM 04/01/94 -0800, [email protected] wrote:
>    I know how to suppress the transmission of your phone number (caller
>id) with *67, but I've heard that there is a way to force the routing of

One point here- you are not actually suppressing the transmission of your
phone number. It is transmitted *between switches* in any case- you are
simply suppressing the transmission from a switch to the destnation phone.
This is important in relation to the phone company recieving data, as well
as the distinct possibility that a clever person could still get this. I
got the above info out of Phrack Magazine (_Caller ID Technical Details_ by
Hyperborean Menace
#45-06, still being issued as I write this).

>call through multiple long distance companies.  Since the LDCs don't talk
>to one another, this should increase the difficulty of tracing and/or
>tapping a call.  Does anybody know how to do this?

Don't know, but from what little I know about the phone company, I would
assume using the demand-dial numbers (like 102880) for ATT) from another
long distance phone would be a start.

jamie