Re: Cryptography banned in the Netherlands....

>C'punks,
>
>Hey, remember, we're all on the same side.
>
>On Fri, 1 Apr 1994, David Mandl wrote after quoting John Kreznar's rant
>about "liberals":
>
>> Right, as opposed to conservatives, who are happy to have people "threaten
>> the effectiveness of government and other large institutions."  [and so
>on in this vein for several more paragraphs.]
>
>Whoe, lighten up fellows.  You both agree!  *Neither* liberals nor
>conservatives are automatically our friends.  People who are PRO CRYPTO
>are our friends regardless of what political camp they put themselves
>in.  Please, lets not bring extraneous political, posturing onto this
>list.  Liberals or conservatives who want to ban or regulate crypto are
>our enemies.  Liberals or conservatives who support strong crypto are our
>friends.  It's as simple as that.

Yup, that was exactly my point.  Knee-jerk generalizations like "all
liberals are evil and want to take our freedom away" are simplistic and
silly and betray a gross misunderstanding of the way things are.
Personally, I prefer to stay away from "good cops" AND "bad cops."

   --Dave.

--
Dave Mandl
[email protected]