Re: Cryptography banned in the Netherlands....

	 > So, among "liberals" we can include Reagan, J. Edgar Hoover, Joe
	 > McCarthy, and Nixon, all of whom took some pretty extreme steps to
	 > silence critics of "government and other large institutions," up
	 > to and including political assassinations.

	 Get real.  With very few exceptions, the entire American political
	 spectrum is made up of liberals.  That most certianly includes
	 Reagan, MaCarthy, definitly Nixon, and mabey Hoover.

	 brad

``When *I* use a word,'' Humpty Dumpy said, in rather a scornful tone,
``it means just what I choose it to mean---neither more nor less.''

Reagan, McCarthy, Nixon and Hoover wouldn't call themselves liberals.
We liberals certainly don't number them in our ranks.  To call them
``liberals'' is to deny all meaning to the word.  (Not that it's definition
is clear -- but they sure aren't included.)