cryptophone ideas

> Anyway, why do you need a DSP? I have read in several places that
> DSP's are going to be "replaced" by the CPU as time goes on and the
> CPUs just get more and more powerful.

Yeah, eventually.

Analog Devices 2105's cost $12 in quantity 1.

They are capable of doing 2 data moves, a 16x16 multiply, a 40 bit
accumulate and a prefech of the next instruction all in 100ns.

10 Million Multiply-Accumulates per second.  Ever tried that on a 386?

For more money, you can get ones with 60ns clocks (16.7 MACS).

Eric Blossom