Re: myk-78

I just sent this to [email protected] (arthur abraham) but after a finger
attempt, I'm not so sure his account exists there anymore.

On Wed, 20 Apr 1994, Matt Thomlinson wrote:

> I'm reading through an old post of yours (gosh, 7 days from being a year
> old) regarding the clipper chip.
>
> You laid everything out pretty carefully, but one thing your article
> doesn't seem to mention:
>
> you've created the LEEF [L1|L2|IV] and when transmitted in the block, it
> looks like [encrypt(CV), checkword, L1|L2|IV], right? This is a 56+24+192
> bit number ( = 272 bits).
>
> My question: how often is this chunk sent? seems like you'd only need to
> send it once per call, but I'd think they'd send it every so often
> throughout a call, although this could cause problems for high-bandwidth
> digital uses, right?

Also, if someone could tell me if the checkword for the CV is encrypted
along with the CV I'd be grateful. That is, is the packet
[encrypt(CV,checkword), L1|L....]
or
[encrypt(CV), checkword, L1|L...]

mt

Matt Thomlinson
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington.      phone: (206) 548-9804
Check my home page -- ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/public/phantom/home.html
PGP 2.2 key available via email, or finger [email protected]