Re: BEST Inc.

> > Simple solution to this problem, especially if you have strong magnets
> > around.... De-magnitize the card.
> >
> > If you are a ham operator, you can use the magnetic mount on the basis of
> > your mobile antenna whip.  If you're not, get a big magnet...

> Actually, there's a very elegant solution.  Get an eel-skin
> wallet which erases magnetic information.

Eel-skin wallets are made of two types of eels.  Originally, they
were made of a particular species, which was very expensive.
Then someone decided to make cheap eel-skin billfolds.  They used
a different species.  One which erases the magnetic strips.  (at
least it does on credit cards).  I found this out much to my
chagrin when I got a gift from someone.  After I put my cards in
the wallet, I found that when the card was swiped through the
reader, it wouldn't register.  It really P/O'd sales clerks and
bar staff because they'd have to enter the card number and
expiration manually to get an authorization code.

Has this happened to anyone else?

They'd just swipe, and swipe, and swipe . . .