Re: DId you ever think...

> Did anyone ever think that maybe, just maybe, PGP was developed, and before the
> programmer started giving it away for free, that he was paid by the government
> to give them the key which can unlock ANY PGP locked document/file/etc???  I

[mass hysteria deleted]

> running him... I mean, has anyone ever gone thru the entire source code and
> checked if this PGP is a valid encryption scheme, or just the gov't slipping
> in their clipper thing without us knowing it.  Reply here--no email please...

This argument doesn't work to well.  PGP is available in full source code
form.  It's hard to build a backdoor in the code and distribute it widely
without expecting your glitch to be noticed.  PGP has been studied over
and over by careful prying eyes.  Even though you probably aren't a
programmer yourself, it might do you a bit of good to download the source
and look at it yourself.

-- Jeremy Cooper
===-|)/\\/|V|/\/\ (_)/_\|_|\_/(_)/_\|_| Stop by for an excursion into the-===
===-|)||| | |\/\/  mud.crl.com 8888 (_) Virtual Bay Area!                -===