clipper/chosen plaintext attacks

even with plaintext/ciphertext pairs, it has been shown that hundreds of
millions of pairs are needed to determine anything about the key
involved (DES).

I'm sure some of the many responses to your post will include more
precise facts.

Matt Thomlinson
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington.      phone: (206) 548-9804
Check my home page -- ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/public/phantom/home.html
PGP 2.2 key available via email, or finger [email protected]