Re: AOL and LAM (LA meeting)``

Tim asked:

| By the way, while ATM has _three_ major meanings, are there any ohter
| such examples? Or even _four_ major meanings?

NIC came up while we were planning a new operating theatre:

Nurse In Charge, Not In Charts, and Network Interface Card.

Outside of the chart we were looking at, its Network Information
Center, and probably has other meanings.

Adam

--
Adam Shostack 				       [email protected]

Politics.  From the greek "poly," meaning many, and ticks, a small,
annoying bloodsucker.