Re: Bruce Sterling's talk at CFP

Let me guess...is Wired going to run Sterling's talk (or a variant
thereof) to counter Baker's 6.5 lies about false myths about Clipper?

I happy to see that he skewered the pedophile boogeyman, but...

Sterling plays right into their hands when he goes on about terrorist
governments, etc.  The Clipper debate is about U.S. citizens and
internal policy--not about how we shouldn't be worried about our
government because it isn't as totalitarian as others.  That's all
besides the point because the cat is already out of the bag and
there is nothing to stop it--the NSA can merely slow down the use
(expansion) of encryption at the cost of lost profits to U.S.
companies.

Paul E. Baclace
[email protected]