Re: compatibility with future PGP

Adam Shostack says:
> 	Technically, they never had access to v1, either.  As I said
> in my first message, I've heard 2.5 has already found its way out of
> the US.  If that is the case, then the non-US users have access to
> 2.5.

I wouldn't know where to find 2.5 outside the U.S.

Besides, there are other scenarios in which one would want such
patches. Here are just a couple.

1) You have a friend with an old PGP who wants to send you mail and
   who can't get a new PGP. Old PGP will read old PGP generated files,
   but new will not read old.
2) You have a friend eight months from now who only has old PGP and
   who you would like to send new PGP to. He knows your old-form
   signature but can't read the new one. The patch is simple enough
   that he can verify it himself. You can send it to him and then send
   him a signed copy of the new PGP.

In any case, I see no reason to oppose people posting patches.

This is the last time I'll post on this topic. Its getting old fast.

Perry