NSA LEAKS AGAIN (fwd) ?

Forwarded message:
Subject: NSA LEAKS AGAIN
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 1994 21:55:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeff Davis <[email protected]>

Thank God for anonymous remailers eff-activists.  I snagged this out of
cyberspace and can't vouch for the substance of the claim, however, relatives
of those with FTS or TS (high) security clearances are the weakest link
in the whole secrecy chain.  That I know from first hand experience.

---------
  I have a close relative who is a cryptologist for the NSA. He knows much
about skipjack. he couldn't/wouldn't tell me much, of course, mainly because
the last word I use to describe him is 'human'... he's more 'asshole'... but he
said the last thing he'd trust is skipjack/clipper... he says that the
CIA/FBI/NSA/ATF will almost assuradly _NOT_ violate the escrow rules (in other
words, they _will_ get a warrant for the key halves_) however, he also said
that there are so many back doors that they don't need them.  He also said that
they are expecting people to find about 60% of these doors, and they will
correct them when found (so they have a deck of aces up thier sleves) Damn
people.
  However, he wasn't directly involved in the clipper shit, but he does have
high clearance.  But he's an asshole, like I said. NSA people, as a
generalization, usually are.  He'd turn _me_ in if he knew I hacked.

--
PGP PUBLIC KEY via finger!  JAFEFFM  Speaking & Thinking For Myself!

* [email protected]			email [email protected] *
*** O U T L A W S  On The  E L E C T R O N I C  F R O N T I E R ****
***** Committed to Free Public Internet Access for World Peace *****

--
Stanton McCandlish * [email protected] * Electronic Frontier Found. OnlineActivist
"In a Time/CNN poll of 1,000 Americans conducted last week by Yankelovich