crypto in the NY Times

Control freaks - yah gotta love 'em.

DD in today's Times - "I was exposed to cases where wiretaps had actually
stopped crimes in the making...If they didn't have this tool, some of
these things might have happened."

I have been exposed to cases where torture actually stopped crimes in the
making...

I have been exposed to cases in which locking the entire population of a
nation into a totalitarian control regime with internal passports and
everything has actually stopped crimes in the making...

I have been exposed to cases in which decimating the inhabitants of a
village actually stopped crimes in the making.

Guess what control freaks:  The guy next door may have strong crypto, a
gun, and a car with a tank full of gasoline with enough energy in it to
blow up your house.  There's not a goddamned thing on this good green
earth that you can do about it.  Get used to it.  Learn to trust people
until proven otherwise.

DCF

--- WinQwk 2.0b#1165