Re: crypto in the NY Times

   Date: Sun, 12 Jun 1994 11:31:34 -0400
   From: Duncan Frissell <[email protected]>

   If the bad guys have an unbreakable wall, the *victims* have an
   unbreakable wall too.  The criminals gain nothing.  They are, in fact,
   worse off since it becomes *harder* to 'break the close.'

Yup.  And the NSA seeks to deny it to us.  I see it as the best reason
to encourage open, real crypto.

-russ <[email protected]>      ftp.msen.com:pub/vendor/crynwr/crynwr.wav
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | ask4 PGP key
11 Grant St.      | +1 315 268 1925 (9201 FAX)    | Quakers do it in the light
Potsdam, NY 13676 | LPF member - ask me about the harm software patents do.