Re: (None)

At 12:50 PM 6/13/94 -0500, Jeff Gostin wrote:
>[email protected] (Douglas R. Floyd) writes:
>
>> How rude is it for people to post (or mail to a mailing list) anon messages
>> encrypted with someone's PGP key?  It makes it easy for the receiver to
>> obtain it, but how irritating is it to people?
>     Fairly. In fact, it's considered downright rude. It's like sitting
>around a table of, say, 3 people, and whispering with someone next to you.
>The first person is you -- you're sending the message. The second person
>is your friend -- he's recieving it. The third is me -- I'm just watching
>two people whispering. Further, newsgroups are a very inappropriate place
>to send private mail for propogation.

Might it be appropriate, though, to create an alt group for that purpose?
Sort of the digital equivalent of putting "coded" messages in the personals
section of your favorite newspaper's classified section. You know--"John,
you have five days to pay up" means to meet at the Ritz for dinner next
Thursday, and "I love you, Sally" means to run for the border.

But far, far more effective digitally.

Could be especailly useful for people "in the field," considering how many
universities and other places permit Usenet posting without an account, so
long as your IP is considered local--easier to get access.

>                                      --Jeff

b&

--
[email protected], Arizona State University School of Music
 net.proselytizing (write for info): Protect your privacy; oppose Clipper.