Re: Unofficial Excerpt from InfoSecurity News

>[. . .]
>The underlying purpose of this
>control is not just to facilitate court-approved
>wire taps, but also to discourage criminals
>and foreign entities from using Clipper/Skipjack
>technology. This control mechanism would force
>them to use other, less powerful, algorithms
>and key management.
>[. . . .]
>Donn B. Parker.
>[email protected]

How can he breathe when his head is so far in the sand?

I've not seen one shred of evidence that Skipjack is strong--Ms. Denning's
statements are not evidence--and there're plenty of indications that triple
DES and IDEA are both unbreakable for the near future, at least.

That's an awfully arrogant position for code that's already leaking before
widespread dissemination (LEAF attack), let alone real analysis.

b&

--
[email protected], Arizona State University School of Music
 net.proselytizing (write for info): Protect your privacy; oppose Clipper.