Re: Bart Nagel in Mondo

On Jun 17,  8:38am, Dave Otto wrote:
> Subject: Bart Nagel in Mondo
> Check out the lead article in the "Summer 94" issue of _Mondo2000_.
> It is a spoof by Bart Nagel that starts off sounding like steganography.
>
> The article basically states that the photo-journalist-publisher industry
> is proposing that all images be encoded using stego techniques to contain
> unique identifiers that would prevent copy infringements.  The article
> starts in a *VERY* believable fashion before trailing off into an obvious
> spoof.  Very well done.

Ummm... I haven't read the article, Dave, but there *has* been talk recently in
some photo magazines about doing just that.  I don't have the details at hand,
but I was told this by Romana Machado, the author of Stego, whose product was
mentioned recently in an industry publication.

Romana ([email protected]) should have details; she is being copied on this
message.

--
Russell Earl Whitaker			    [email protected]
Silicon Graphics Inc.