DECLINE AND FALL

To: [email protected]

SS> The important issue for Cypherpunks is how we should respond to this
SS> seemingly inevitable increased mobility of capital.  Does it pose a
SS> threat to privacy?

I'd say that those moving the money around the world would be deeply
interested in privacy - their own.  Not necessarily for nefarious
reasons, but to protect the competition from knowing what they are
doing.  A 800-pound gorilla like the Fidelity Magellan Fund takes
elaborate precautions to not alert the market as to what they are buying
and selling.  Thus, I assume, they deeply value their own privacy.

Will the capital moving about the world be hostile to cypherpunks et al?
I doubt it.  Instead, they'll probably cherry-pick the best of crypto
technology and use it for themselves.  Besides, big money generally
isn't thrilled by governments and usually views national boundaries as
an annoyance, a view shared by many on the Net.

 * RM 1.4 B0037 *