(Fwd) Re: GUT and P=NP

Forwarding mail by: [email protected] (Alan Sondheim) on Sun,
24 Jul  3:39 AM
-------------------
>From [email protected] Sun Jul 24
04:08 EDT 1994

I would say that an algorithm is also a rigidly constructed
framework
consisting of well-defined formula within a stabilized
potential well; as
such it has limited operability in situations which possess
fuzzy
heuristics - such situations would include ordinary-language
parsing, by
the way, if a theoretical full-accountability is to be given.
Eliminating
indeterminacy and `true randomness' is eliminating the
lifeworld itself,
with its fuzzy heuristics not always reducible to natural law,
even of
the trajectory-bundles of chaos theory. So we are thrown back
to a
quantum computer which is reduced in the quoted text as well to
theoretical
positioning; this is suspect since such a computer also
functions in the
lifeworld. If the brain in Penrose's text functions as _a_
quantum com-
puter, what is the source of the singularity (_a_)? It seems to
me that
there is, in the real, deep fuzziness all the way around. Are
we dealing
with a group of logicians who have ignored Schutz? I think so,
_precisely._

Alan