Re: Det./tmp/Nym on Netcom

>From: [email protected] (Russell Whitaker)
>Date: Mon, 25 Jul 1994 12:05:04 -0700
>
>	[email protected]
>
>Bryant was
>at liberty to say that the user accounts "tmp" and "nym" were the same
>person.

I noticed that both tmp and nym mentioned in one of their early posts that
they had read up about cypherpunks in the archives at soda, or some such,
and that it was ok to launch right into the discussion, since he/she was up
to date with the issues.  This was followed, of course, by the usual long
and boring happy horseshit.

I also noticed a common net phenomenon: since Sue D. Nym appeared from
his/her name to be female, some men were more likely to come to his/her
defense when he/she was flamed.  This reminded me of the blurb I read in
Wired (bad magazine, I've since stopped subjecting my eyes to the green
print on red background) about men using names like "Janet" trying to
sweet-talk lesbians on IRC and eventually finding out that "Karen" was also
a man.

tw