Re: broadcast encryption

On Tue, 9 Aug 1994, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Oh, I understood what you were saying -- I didn't understand what the
> orignal author could be looking for...

And by now I've lost track of the original discussion, so I'm not sure
whether I am the one being referred to above (I'm the one who PGP signs
all his packet radio messages, in response to Bob Snyder saying he sees
no problem with this, and Bob replied saying he'd like to see it at the
link level), and it sort of diverged from there...

Given that the FCC (and other countries' equivalents) are starting to
crack down on packet radio abuse (it's all too easy to fake someone
else's callsign) I imagine it won't be long before we Amateurs are forced
to implement some form of authentication (down to the callsign i.e. the
user).

You out there, Phil?

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU) | [email protected] | VK2KFU @ VK2AAB.NSW.AUS.OC | PGP 2.6
Opinions expressed are mine. | E7 FE 97 88 E5 02 3C AE  9C 8C 54 5B 9A D4 A0 CD