Rising Above Petty Illiberalism

Responding to msg by [email protected] (Phil Karn) on Sat, 27
Aug 10:1  AM

>It really gives one pause. Is government really the
>enemy of personal  freedoms, or does it merely reflect
>an intolerant and unenlightened  general population?
>It's easy to make a government that responds to  the
>will and whim of the majority, but how can one create a
>government  that rises above the petty illiberalism of
>the people it governs to  protect the rights of the
>individual?

Phil,

I really liked this.  Perhaps you can find a way to stitch into
other topics like you did here.

Don't know what the list reception will be since the recent
thread on government got thumped for disobeying the sirens of
crypto and technology.

Hope yours will catch fire.  Fan the embers.

John